Nausea is common in various types of age, lifestyle, and situation. Some medications and treatments produce side effects that also include nausea, like chemotherapy for those with cancer. It also occurs frequently to expectant mothers, especially during their first trimester due to hormonal changes. Motion sickness may also cause nausea and induce vomiting, and this usually happens when traveling and going over bumps or when riding a boat. There are also medical conditions such as HIV/AIDS, and their treatments can lead to severe nausea. Fortunately, medical marijuana has emerged as a natural and highly effective option for treating all types of nausea. The use of marijuana in medicine has urged more and more countries to legalize its consumption, possession, and cultivation. Seedbanks like Sonoma Seeds provide convenience for patients by selling a wide variety of marijuana seeds online.
Although nausea is not a disease in itself, it is a possible symptom of many illnesses related to the digestive system. It gives an urge to vomit, and while it is common for people to experience stomach aches a few times in their life, some patients experience severe nausea that places a hindrance in their way of living. A study by the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) and the Oncology Research Center at HealthPartners/Park Nicollet stated that patients who got their cannabis certification and consumed cannabis for four months had reported a significant reduction in the severity of their vomiting by more than 30%. Although any marijuana strain can provide relief to patients who experience severe nausea, some strains, in particular, are better than the others, and these are available at Sonoma Seeds. Strains with excellent nausea-reducing effects include:
- Sour Diesel
- The Sour Diesel is a fast-acting strain that will quickly relieve patients from the discomfort of nausea. Its effects also last for a couple of hours. In addition to its remarkable anti-emetic properties, many patients can also use this strain to cope with migraines, depression, chronic pain, and eating disorders. Its appetite-stimulant effect is of great help to cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy.
- Blue Dream
- This strain’s high levels of the terpenes linalool and limonene make it a great choice to ease nausea brought by depression or stress. However, it may not be the best strain for those whose nausea roots from anxiety. The Blue Dream is also an excellent sedative that provides its users with a blissful sleep after feeling sick during the day.
- The Lavander strain has been one of the go-to strains when experiencing problems in the gastrointestinal tract, which often is the cause of nausea.
- Northern Lights
- This Indica-dominant strain provides deep euphoric sedation that helps reduce nausea. It’s also a great choice in dealing with stress, chronic pain, and insomnia.
- Grand Daddy Grape
- The Grand Daddy Grape has been one of those sought after strains for patients undergoing chemotherapy because of its significant THC levels that provide nausea relief. It also helps patients deal with depression associated with cancer and other medical diagnoses.
In looking for the best strain that not only provides them relief but is also worth their money, patients shouldn’t fret because Sonoma Seeds offer quality seeds with a high germination rate.