Fourth St. Joseph's Hospital Dedicated
The laying of the cornerstone for the fourth St. Joseph's Hospital on Twelfth and reserve Streets took place on November 7, 1909. The building was completed in March, 1911, and expanded during the following half century. The building was built with bricks from the Hidden Brick Company.
A nursing school was dedicated in 1912, with the first class graduating June 10, 1914.
As Vancouver and the hospital expanded, balconies along the east and west wings were enclosed to provide more space. A new south wing was added in 1945.